Yesterday, when recording screencasts for my weka-virtualenv tool, I encountered a strange behavior on Windows: when executing J48 on a small dataset, no output (model, statistics) was generated at all. Bit annoying when you’re already 10-15 minutes into your recording.
Anyhow, today I dug a bit deeper into my processoutput4j library and it looks like Windows is quite slow in flushing stdout/stderr when a process finishes. I didn’t see this behavior on Linux at all.
Putting a fix in place was quite easy and I made a new release: 0.0.7
Since rsync4j is using this library to capture the rsync output, I made a bugfix release as well, using the new dependency: 3.1.2-8